Our medical camp this morning saw 136 residents of Kampung Lindungan, both adults and children, receiving free medical consultations. This is our office’s second medical camp this year; we organise at least one per year to help constituents who wouldn’t otherwise have easy access to specialist advice. Diabetes and high blood pressure are extremely common among the urban poor; plus joint pains and hearing problems for the elderly. Besides prescribing free medication where necessary, our volunteer doctors provided referral letters for residents requiring specialist treatment.
It’s Tania here, and on behalf of our office, I send our sincerest thanks to:
– Medical Outreach PJ for generously sending down 8 doctors (dermatologic, ENT, orthopaedic, and pediatric specialists included!) plus all the medication;
– Our team of pharmacists, medical volunteers, and general volunteers for their hard work on a Sunday to serve our urban-poor constituents;
– Sekolah Agama Kafa Integrasi Al-Islamiah headmaster Ustaz Zaid and the school’s PIBG for allowing us to have this event in their classrooms;
– MBPJ Zone 24 councillor En. Halimey, his PA En. Fauzi, and their office for sponsoring the outdoor equipment; and
– The office of ADUN Seri Setia YB Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad for supporting this event.
Click here for a really quick (fast-forwarded) 30-second footage summarising the 3-hour medical camp. Our Monday Night Chat episode on 28 August will feature this event in more detail, so stay tuned for that!